Tuesday, July 15, 2008

4th of July

We left Oklahoma on the 3rd of July, to go to Springfield.
The traffic in certain areas was awful. We got to Jeff and Susie's around 2 or 3 pm.
We were glad to get there, and to be off of the road.
That day we went and checked out a new dollar store, that had just come open several months before. Here are some pictures I took of the time we were there. Al picking on Jeff and Susie's dog 'Tyler'.
He loves to give that dog a hard time.
The next day, July 4, Laura putting suntan lotion on the kids so they don't burn.
Smoke Bombs
The kids wanted to get into the pool, so Laura and I went to a walmart close by, and got them some swim clothes, and rings to put them in.
Jacob didn't like the ring we got him, because it was too big, but the other choice was too small. He wanted to try to stand, we thought he was too short, but here he proves that he is tall enough. He was so proud of himself.
Hannah in her swimsuit
Cleaning up from supper
Al and Me.
Getting ready for the show
fountains
Fireworks
more fireworks.
We had a good time.
Jeff, Susie, and three other neighbors go together and have a BBQ, buy fireworks,
every July 4th. Jeff's mom and dad were there, and also some friends of their family.
Everyone had a pretty good time.

The next day we went to Mike and Laura's to have the 4th at their house, so the kids could do more fireworks.
The gangs all here

Uncle Jeff helping Jacob shot off firecrackers
Mike's Nana, Hannah stepping on poppers, and Mikaela
Getting more firecrackers
Laura showing her kids how to hold a sparkler
Mike, and the kids lighting up some glow worms.

Hannah helping grandma with the video camera
Grandpa watching the show
Mike and Jeff looking over the fireworks
After it was over, Laura got the kids something more to eat before they went to bed. Little Hannah was so tired she almost fell asleep at the table.
After they got their bath, she wanted grandma (I liked that), and before we knew it, she was asleep.
We came back home on Monday July 7th, and wouldn't you know, we came back to rain.
It rained some that night, and this picture is from the next day, when it rained quite a bit.

Al and I had a really good time while we down in Springfield.
Thank you Jeff and Susie for having us there and taking us around, we had a good visit with you. Thank you Mike and Laura for having us there. We enjoyed watching the kids having fun with the fireworks. We love you all

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a blast!

You still haven't given an updated pictures on your flower garden.

I started a couple of tomato plants in flower pots and they are still ALIVE. I know it's pretty incredible for me and my black thumb of mine.lol

I want to post soon but it's been really busy. I have only been on the computer for e-mail and checking peoples blog posts and than I have to run around doing things. This summer has been crazy. Trey and Graice's teacher sent home some work books for them to do over the summer, so that takes a lot of my time up. Plus I have them in two different library reading programs this summer. I hope to be posting about all of this soon.

But I won't be able to post now until we get back. The Rowell Reunion is this Saturday and Mike wants to go to it this year. So I am clearing this next Monday aside to post away. I haven't even been able to post about my T.T.T's. :[ OH well!

How are you and Al doing now? Health wise that is.

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo sorry! I missed saying Happy Birthday yesterday to you.

I hope you had a good one!

~Happy Belated Birthday to you Special Lady~